Barmann, Bohlen & Scott, P.C., is excited to welcome Samantha L. Sweeney as the firm's newest associate. Sama ntha brings over eight years of family law practice experience to the firm focusing on divorce, child support, paternity, modification of orders, and mediation.
Samantha has been recognized for her work in these areas as demonstrated by her being a board member of the Illinois State Bar Association's Family Law Council and also being appointed as a guardian ad litem for the Kankakee County Circuit Court.
Areas of Practice
- Paternity and Parenting Allocation
- Child Support
- Guardian ad Litem in family and probate cases for the 21st Circuit.
- Arbitrator in Cook County.
- 2010, Illinois
- 2012, U.S. Central District of Illinois
- 2010 Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, IN, J.D., cum laude, Clara & Spencer Werner merit-based full scholarship recipient.
- 2007, University of St. Francis, Joliet, IL, B.A., magna cum laude, David Fagan merit-based scholarship recipient.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Member: Family Law Section Council, 2018-2019, 2019-2020
- Member: Future of Legal Services Committee, 2019-2020
- Kankakee County Bar Association
- Society of Women in Law Kankakee County, Presidentull scholarship recipient.
Contact Samantha Sweeney